Saturday, January 24, 2009

Update - Jan. 24






Sorry that it has taken me 10 days to add a post.  I suppose you could say that I am busy.  It is a good busy though.  

Seth is doing GREAT!!  He was four weeks old as of yesterday which already seems crazy to me that he has been here that long.  He is my little peanut.  As of last Thurs., 1/15, he was up to 7 lb 5 oz.  I am estimating that he around 8 lbs now which is still smaller than either Hannah or Nathan at birth.  It is fun having a little one - neither Hannah or Nathan stayed "small" long.  

We had our surgeon follow-up last week as well.  The Dr. said everything looks great and that other than potential plastic surgery to fix where they closed up the omphalocele, nothing more is needed.  Seth is just a baby at this point - really.  He is on a good four hour schedule, is awake more which is fun, etc.  Although we have already met with Regional Center and he will start receiving services soon, not much more is needed for him right now.  I have been contacted by the Down Syndrome Assoc. of Orange Co., but don't know if I am going to start going to the meetings quite yet.  Eventually for sure, but for now he is just a typical baby.

Nate and Hannah are doing great as well.  Nathan is playing basketball and loving it.  I know that I am a proud mamma, but he really is very good.  He just has natural athletic ability.  Hannah has really come out of her shell since Seth got here.  She isn't as shy, is more vocal, etc.  It is really fun seeing her blossom.  She is currently doing gymnastics and says that she is actually going to play soccer in the fall.  We shall see.  

Yesterday, I got the gift of a nice long nap.  When I woke up and came out to the living room, I have to admit that I was a little groggy.  Nate and Mike were playing Mario Cart Wii which didn't surprise me.  All of a sudden I noticed something that made me LAUGH!!  There on Mike's shoulder was Seth!!  Mike is intently playing the game and Seth is relaxing on his shoulder - I had to take a couple of pics!!  It was too funny!  I also had to snap a shot of Hannah's hair in the trampoline!  Too cute.  

We have a genetics follow-up next week which I will keep you posted with .  Other than that, life is good and pretty normal!!  

No comments: